Join The Team ~ Full Time/Sales Associate
We're Looking For You!
At Soul Paper, we are passionate about paper and stationery and all the beautiful ways it is used to bring people closer together. Our mission is to nurture core values, inspire creativity, and promote the growth of expression by providing fun materials and special products that harken back to a simpler time. Providing our customers with a great experience every time they walk through our doors is our desire.
Our Core Values:
- Kindness and Respect - Lead with your heart. Every person deserves to be treated well.
- Connection - Build relationships with customers and colleagues that are fun and life giving. Bring your best self to work.
- Creativity - Never stop learning and looking for solutions. Tap into your desires to play.
- Integrity - Own your stuff, be honest and accountable. Take the high road as often as you can.
About the Role
The position is ideal for someone who is self-motivated and can work well under pressure, with an acute eye for detail. This role is truly an ambassador role. As a full time, day-to-day member of our team, you will become the main point of contact for many of our new and regular customers. Our ideal candidate shares our store’s core values and shares our passion for spreading a bit of joy every day in each and every customer interaction.
- Participate with the store team in achieving all aspects of service, shop readiness, shop cleanliness, health and safety practices and all Soul Paper policies and procedures.
- Greet customers and assist with sales in the shop.
- Build relationships by creating great Customer experiences either by phone/email or in-person.
- Be of service to our customers in finding solutions that work for them.
- Operate cash register, process purchases, holds etc.
- Create and maintain dynamic visual displays and merchandising standards.
- Organize and re-stock inventory.
- Proactively improve your product knowledge and champion the growth of Soul Paper.
- Assist in other areas of the company as needed.
What You Offer
- 1-2 Years retail experience
- Acute attention to detail.
- An outgoing personality and an enthusiasm for sales.
- A “go-getter” attitude! We’re looking for someone who takes initiative.
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in your work that drives you to find new ways to delight and inspire our customers and team.
- Are self-directed and detail-oriented with a curious nature, who enjoys problem solving.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Strong sense of urgency in dealing with business and staff needs.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. This includes listening skills and good penmanship.
- Desire to continually learn and develop knowledge around the products we carry.
Communication and enthusiasm for our products and the stories they hold is a contagious attribute as is a keen interest in new products, new techniques and the desire to engage and share all the paper goodness with passion.
- Art and paper goodness!
- A workplace that values and appreciates your creativity!
- A friendly family-run and close-knit work environment.
- Room to grow and expand within the role over time.
- A space to learn the in-and-outs of a small business.
- A flexible workspace.
- Appreciation for your hard work 🙂
- On-site parking
- Merchandise discounts
Please include your resume and a cover letter that answers the following questions:
- How do you live your life according to our core values?
- What is your little bit of whimsy that we would love?
- How do you bring your best self to work?
- What is one thing that would make you a perfect fit for this position and Soul Paper?
We love receiving creative resumes. Show us your paper love.
Either drop off your resume and **cover letter to Soul Paper at 118 – 20 Street West, Attn: Hiring Manager or send to email@example.com.
**Both a cover letter and resume must be submitted, to be considered. We look forward to hearing from you.