Join The Team ~ E-Commerce/Sales Associate
We're Looking For You!
At Soul Paper, we are passionate about paper and stationery and all the beautiful ways it is used to bring people closer together. Our mission is to nurture core values, inspire creativity and promote the growth of expression by providing fun materials and special products that harken back to a simpler time. Providing our customers with a great experience every time they walk through our doors is our desire.
Our Core Values:
- Kindness and Respect - Lead with your heart. Every person deserves to be treated well.
- Connection - Build relationships with customers and colleagues that are fun and life giving. Bring your best self to work.
- Creativity - Never stop learning and looking for solutions. Tap into your desires to play.
- Integrity - Own your stuff, be honest and accountable. Take the high road as often as you can.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced E-Commerce/Sales Associate who shares our core values and passion for paper and creativity, that will add value to our team. The position is ideal for someone who is self-motivated and can work well under pressure, with a keen eye for detail. As our E-Commerce/Sales Associate, you will balance processing, preparing and shipping orders with providing support to the Shop team. We are looking for someone to continue to grow our brand and sales channels in the US and Canada. You will be working between 20-30 hours per week and provide flexibility to work weekdays and weekends, based on the needs of the business. This roll can grow into a full-time position.
- Fulfill and ship incoming online, curbside and local delivery orders
- Ecommerce product management including some inventory management
- Maintain all stock areas to ensure they are well organized and that all goods are always easily accessible
- Complete projects and meet deadlines
- Participate with the store team in achieving all aspects of service, shop readiness, shop cleanliness, health and safety practices and all Soul Paper policies and procedures
- Greet customers and assist with sales in the shop.
- Build relationships by creating great Customer experiences either by phone/email or in-person.
- Be of service to our customers in finding solutions that work for them
- Operate cash register, process purchases, holds etc.
- Create and maintain dynamic visual displays and merchandising standards
- Organize and re-stock inventory
- Proactively improve your product knowledge and champion the growth of Soul Paper both in-store and online.
- Assist in other areas of the company as needed
What You Offer
- 1-2 Years retail experience
- 1-2 Years working in e-commerce or a similar environment
- Solid computer/technology skills; proficiency using software Adobe, MS Office and Google Suite (sheets). Aptitude for learning new programs
- Experience with Shopify
- Keen attention to detail
- An outgoing personality and an enthusiasm for sales and building our online offerings
- Arrive at work each day with a smile on your face!
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in your work that drives you to find new ways to delight and inspire our customers and team
- Are self-directed and detail-oriented with a curious nature, who enjoys problem solving
- Possess a strong work ethic and a positive "can-do" attitude
- Strong sense of urgency in dealing with business and staff needs
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, this includes listening skills and good penmanship
- Desire to continually learn and develop knowledge around the products we carry
- Small business environment
- Family run, close knit work environment
- On-site parking
- Merchandise discounts
Please include your resume and a cover letter that answers the following questions:
- How do you live your life according to our core values?
- What is your little bit of whimsy that we would love?
- How do you bring your best self to work?
- What is one thing that would make you a perfect fit for this position and Soul Paper
We love receiving creative resumes. Show us your paper love.
Either drop off your resume and **cover letter to Soul Paper at 118 – 20 Street West, Attn: Hiring Manager or send to email@example.com.
**Both a cover letter and resume must be submitted, to be considered. We look forward to hearing from you.